Welcome to JohnMichaels Pub's Blog

Welcome. I moved to Nashville in 2001, and have be blessed to make some wonderful friends. After moving from a house in Florida, to an apartment in Nashville, I missed being able to entertain groups of friends simply due to lack of space. When I finally decided to make Nashville my home and buy a house here, I wanted a space that friends to gather and socialize in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere. The basement in my new house, which opens into the back yard made the perfect space, so JohnMichael's Pub was born. I have made a couple of trips to Ireland since moving to Nashville and loved the atmosphere of the pubs there. So I made my pub to resemble an Irish style pub to give the atmosphere of a local community pubs in Ireland, but of course it is not a true "Pub" (Public house) since it private place for my friends to gather. I plan to use this blog to post thoughts, ideas, recipes and a variety of other things related to my pub and the parties held there. If you see anything here that interests you, feel free to email me. I have a great group of friends that is very diverse, but I am always open to making new friends.

Friday, February 23, 2007

Crawfish Gravy for Biscuits (or Crawfish Dip)

12 to 16 oz package of frozen crawfish tails. (You can use fresh boiled if you want)
1 – 8 oz pack of Cream cheese
1 green onion or a few chives
¼ teaspoon of paprika and ¼-teaspoon red pepper or a dash of hot sauce (to taste)

I use a small crock-pot. A medium fondue pot also works or a regular crock-pot and you can double the recipe.

Melt Cream cheese on low add crawfish tails (defrosted), onions or chives and paprika / pepper. Cook to all ingredients blend and it bubbles a little then keep it on warm/ low for serving. You can use this as a dip or serve it over bread or biscuits. I really like it best served over biscuits like you would sausage gravy. If it is too thick for you, a large heaping spoon of sour cream can be added to the mix.

No comments: