Welcome to JohnMichaels Pub's Blog

Welcome. I moved to Nashville in 2001, and have be blessed to make some wonderful friends. After moving from a house in Florida, to an apartment in Nashville, I missed being able to entertain groups of friends simply due to lack of space. When I finally decided to make Nashville my home and buy a house here, I wanted a space that friends to gather and socialize in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere. The basement in my new house, which opens into the back yard made the perfect space, so JohnMichael's Pub was born. I have made a couple of trips to Ireland since moving to Nashville and loved the atmosphere of the pubs there. So I made my pub to resemble an Irish style pub to give the atmosphere of a local community pubs in Ireland, but of course it is not a true "Pub" (Public house) since it private place for my friends to gather. I plan to use this blog to post thoughts, ideas, recipes and a variety of other things related to my pub and the parties held there. If you see anything here that interests you, feel free to email me. I have a great group of friends that is very diverse, but I am always open to making new friends.

Friday, March 20, 2009

Scotland 2009- Wed- March 18th- to the top of the Ben Authur... almost



So Matthew is determined to make it to the top of the Ben Aurthur this time. Ok. So we start at the base of the mountain right off Lock Lomond at sea level. It is only just under 3,000 feet elevation. How bad could it be?














So here we are. We made it this far... The view is awsome, but it still looks a long way up..





Then we reach a platue just before the big rock formation up ahead, and I think we have made it.
Then Matthew tells me we are not there yet... just look at the look on my face (left) when he tells me where we are going (right).


So we go a little further...

past the snow and we are there. Just in front of this is a rock formation with a sheer drop off the other side that looks like it goes several hundred feet... with this guy sitting on the top...
So how do I get to the top... Through that hole then up that incline that looks like a staircase with no steps...

No... I think I will call this the top.... - BTW- Matthew did not go up on top of it either. The image at the bottom is as far as he went.

No comments: