Welcome to JohnMichaels Pub's Blog

Welcome. I moved to Nashville in 2001, and have be blessed to make some wonderful friends. After moving from a house in Florida, to an apartment in Nashville, I missed being able to entertain groups of friends simply due to lack of space. When I finally decided to make Nashville my home and buy a house here, I wanted a space that friends to gather and socialize in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere. The basement in my new house, which opens into the back yard made the perfect space, so JohnMichael's Pub was born. I have made a couple of trips to Ireland since moving to Nashville and loved the atmosphere of the pubs there. So I made my pub to resemble an Irish style pub to give the atmosphere of a local community pubs in Ireland, but of course it is not a true "Pub" (Public house) since it private place for my friends to gather. I plan to use this blog to post thoughts, ideas, recipes and a variety of other things related to my pub and the parties held there. If you see anything here that interests you, feel free to email me. I have a great group of friends that is very diverse, but I am always open to making new friends.

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Yuletide 2008

It has been a busy rest of the year since I returned from Scotland, and I just realize I have not posted a single entry on here since May. Wow. Since May, life has been working, teaching (mostly statistics) , and trying to get work done on the disertation. Of course there were a few parties in the ole pub including All Hallow's eve. The next gathering is the Yuletide celebration which happens to occure the eve before the Winter Solstice this year. I just finshed putting the menu together and am posting it below, just to give those of you who have not made it to a pub party an idea of how we eat at our little gatherings of friends. I will try to be better about posting in 2009, and hopefully will have some party photos to post soon...

JohnMichael’s Pub Yuletide 2008 Menu

Starters
Caramelized Onion and Feta Puffs
Breads, toasts, and Crackers with:
Veggie Pate’
Salmon Pate’
Lobster Pate’
Brie Fondue
Scottish Ginger Preserves
Scottish Orange Champaign Marmalade
Assorted cheeses including:
Cotwald, Stilchester, Spring Onion & Sage Derby,
Isle of Mull Mustard Seed Cheddar, Scottish Wisky Cheddar

Mains

Roast Pheasant
Lamb Roast
Seared Salmon

Veg
Mash
Green Beans
Veggie Haggis
Tatties and Nips
Three Cheese Tortellini


Desserts
Borders Dark Chocolate Gingers
Scottish Shortbread
Rum Cake
And of course, the usual assortment of sodas, water, mixed drinks and Scottish and Irish Beers

No comments: